Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UOB Libraries established the Scholarly Communication Office (SCO) for the purposes of supporting UOB researchers in disseminating and preserving their scholarly work, and in increasing the visibility and the impact of the research output of the University.
SCO focuses on five key areas :
Strategic publishing: Where to get published?
- We advise researchers on the economics of publishing, mainly about Open Access.
- We assist researchers in identifying adequate sources to publish in.
- We emphasize on authors’ intellectual property rights and assisting with the interpretation and amendment of publication contracts.
Research impact & citation metrics
- We assist different faculties and departments in measuring the impact of their research output by generating regular research performance reports.
- We assist researchers in improving their online scholar visibility on different research platforms such as Scopus, Google Scholar, Academia.edu and ResearchGate.
- We organize a series of workshops covering various topics such as author profiles, research impact and citation metrics, manuscript submission process, open access publishing, and social media for researchers.
Phone ext.: 4122